2010 Conference; Sustainability through Community
Thanks! Join us next year: "Putting Cohousing on the National Agenda Washington, DC - June 15-19
June 18th - 20th, 2010 * Boulder, Colorado
The national cohousing conference is THE place to be for aspiring cohousers, cohousing residents, cohousing professionals, and community experts.
Only until the conference!
This year’s theme, Sustainability through Community, connects these two parallel movements. Coho U – two-day intensives June 16th -17th before the conference – will highlight the links between the two movements and will include a course on sustainability. During the main conference, all four featured speakers will explore sustainability and its relationship to community.
We’ll be walking the talk by making this conference more sustainable than ever before. We’ll provide non-disposable cups and use zero-waste plates and tableware. Our keynote speaker, Bill McKibben, will join us via video with live Q&A. And all of this will take place at the beautiful University of Colorado campus in Boulder, Colorado, a city renowned for its commitment to sustainability.
Conference highlights include:
- Coho U – In-depth, two-day intensive workshops will provide tools and information you can use as you build and grow your cohousing community. For the first time, researchers and writers will participate in a special workshop.
- Featured Speakers – Bill McKibben, Dave Wann, Charles Durrett, and Kathryn McCamant will energize us and help us think about the connections between sustainability and community.
- Community Tours – These rolling workshops will take you to 11 Colorado communities so that you can experience and learn about cohousing firsthand.
- Conference Sessions – More than 40 presentations - learn about sustaining community through cohousing.
- Fundraising Banquet – Featuring a live auction, the Saturday night event is the conference highlight, as everyone joins together to eat, network, play – and raise money for the cohousing movement.
Join us and invite others to this conference in the foothills of the spectacular Rocky Mountains as we grow, connect, engage. Together, we are building a more sustainable world – one neighborhood at a time.
Related pages: The Cohousing Movement