THIS YEAR’S CONFERENCE promises an amazing lineup of offerings, from innovative approaches to developing new and affordable communities, to potent ways to enhance our vibrant communities.
WE WILL COVER cohousing basics as well as hot topics in sustainability, community building, and the evolving definition of cohousing. Our “next generation theme” will explore the new wave of urban, senior and agricultural communities, check-in with our now-adult children of cohousing, and celebrate communities that have thrived for over 20 years.
A PACKED AGENDA yes, but the conference allows plenty of time for networking, tours of cohousing communities, and fun!
THE NEXT GENERATION THEME HIGHLIGHTS
- The now-adult, children of cohousing
- The next wave of urban, rural and senior cohousing
- Emerging trends in financing, design and community models
- The evolving definition of cohousing
- Cohousing as a model for other types of communities popping up nationally
- Established communities celebrating 20+ years
SINCE THE FIRST American cohousing communities were completed in the early 1990’s, more than 135 communities have been built, with more than a hundred in process. Small and large, urban and rural, newly built and retrofits, these communities have consistently been at the forefront creating environmentally and socially sustainable neighborhoods.