Thank you for reaching out to the Cohousing Association of the United States. We’re glad you are interested in community and connection!
The most common request we get is for help finding housing in a cohousing community. If that is your request, please read on. If you need something else, please fill out the form below and we will reply to you personally in the next 2-3 business days or you can reach us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4710 16th St
Boulder, CO 80304
If you are looking for a place in cohousing, welcome! We do have some resources that may help you in your search. However, please note that we are a non-profit organization with a mission to educate and advocate for cohousing. We are happy to connect cohosuers to one another, however we are not a real estate service and cannot connect you with a specific housing opportunity
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- The best place to start your search is on our directory at cohousing.org. Look for communities that interest you. If you are looking within a certain state, you can use the menu on the right to bring up listings in that state. We are working to make our directory as current as possible. We generally don’t have any more information than is listed there. We encourage you to reach out specifically to communities, through the information listed in the directory. Generally communities are happy to help you connect with them, learn about them and discover together whether there is a good match for you in their community.
- Be patient. Matching to the community that is right for you may take some time. Also be flexible. Cohousing is growing, but still not in every community or even state. If you want to live this way, you may need to be open to a move, or a different size home, or some other shift from what you are currently expecting. This is a normal part of the transition to cohousing.
- Consider a forming community. For obvious reasons, most of the openings in cohousing are in forming communities. While this option requires investment, faith and work, it is also an exciting way to contribute as you arrive in your new community.
- Add yourself to our “Seekers Directory” at cohousing.org. The more you share about who you are and what you are looking for the more likely it is that the community that is right for you can find you there.
- Learn all you can about cohousing. Our website is a great place to start.