Parking Allocation - Creekside Commons 2007
Background: on the plan Creekside residents have been allocated 36 parking stalls and Creekside visitors have been allocated 28 stalls including 2 disabled stalls.
Values: to make sure there is fair and equitable allocation of parking stalls, giving consideration to those with access issues first, then closest to home.
Rationale: Residents of Creekside will need to know where they may park when we move in.
Proposal: We have allocated parking stalls to residents with identified access issues closest to their units first. First car spaces are then as close as possible to homes.
• Residents who have second vehicles have been allocated second stalls in a cluster.
• Visitor spaces are grouped together farthest away from homes with a few (including one HCAP visitor space) near the common house.
• We are requesting a shift of one of the HCAP spaces to #57, which would place one HCAP spot at each end of the row rather than together.
• Should a decision be made to build carports, this plan will change to accommodate their placement adjacent to each other and with the least visual impact - likely around the outside edges. (See draft allocation and picture attached)
• Decision Date: March 31/07 Outcome: The proposal was accepted with the following amendments:
- the visitor HCAP stalls will remain as marked
- stall 56 will become a member HCAP stall.
- 8 stalls are available for members who have second vehicles