Emerson Commons is an active and diverse cohousing group ranging from families with young children to retirees. We have several open slots available prior to our planned Phase 1 buildout of 16 homes in Spring and Summer of 2017. We plan to build 10 more homes in 2018 for a total of 26 in the community.
We are located on the edge of the growth area in Crozet, a suburb of Charlottesville, Virginia. The 6.1 acre property comes with its own turn-of-the-century farmhouse and large heated pool. The farmhouse has been renovated for use as a Common House.
Crozet, Virginia is a small community located near the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Surrounded by natural beauty, it is home to three parks, four lakes and an extensive network of hiking trails. Emerson Commons is just one mile from downtown Crozet, where forthcoming plans include a new street front with shops and restaurants. It is also nearby excellent Albemarle County public schools.
A short drive away is Charlottesville, Virginia, home to Thomas Jefferson’s University of Virginia and the pedestrian Downtown Mall, with dozens of shops, restaurants and galleries. A haven for the arts, Charlottesville features several venues for national acts, local theater, symphony, orchestra and an annual film festival. The area is also home to many wineries, museums and historic homes. Charlottesville has been voted the “Best Place to Live in America” by several publications, including Cities Ranked and Rated.
- 26 private homes surrounding a central green
- community playground and car-free central area where kids can run free. Creeks on property.
- large heated swimming pool with stone terrace
- orchard, shared organic gardens and edible landscaping
- 1890s farmhouse renovated as a club house
- historic log cabin with fireplace
- 19 minute commute to Charlottesville
- walkable to stores and restaurants
- standard solar on all 26 homes, including solar HVAC.
- spacious porches in front
- decks and private views out back: look at the mountains or forests and not other houses!
- exceptional quality: HardiePlank(R) or equivalent siding, 2x6" walls, 9' ceilings, quality casement windows, certified low energy and more.
peter [at] ebroselow [dot] com