Announcing the Cohousing Research Network
Researchers and writers gathered at the cohousing conference in June 2011 to form the Cohousing Researchers Network (CRN). Its purpose is to increase and improve knowledge about cohousing.
WHAT COHOUSING COMMUNITIES CAN DO FOR THE CRN
1. When researchers and writers request tours or interviews, direct them to CRN
(Diane Margolis: Diane [at] margolis [dot] com)
WHAT THE CRN CAN DO FOR COHOUSING COMMUNITIES
1. Currently some cohousing communities are overwhelmed by the number of student and professional researchers and writers who ask for tours and interviews and response to surveys. CRN can act as a clearing house reducing the number of requests any community receives while facilitating the work of researchers and writers.
2. Currently cohousers need to explain cohousing to potential buyers, neighbors, and local bankers and officials. Such explanations will become less necessary as CRN expands knowledge about cohousing.
WHAT CRN CAN DO FOR RESEARCHERS AND WRITERS
1. CRN will maintain a bibliography so that researchers and writers can begin their work with a familiarity of all related writing and research.
2. CRN will maintain data bases from research on cohousing so that researchers and writers can use the raw data for reanalysis.
3. CRN will keep researchers informed or each other's work in order to promote collaborative research.
4. CRN will suggest avenues for research that will produce expanding knowledge of cohousing especially knowledge that may increase support for cohousing.