Social Permaculture: Building Community Resilience
Half Day Workshop: Wed 8:30 – 12:00
A skills building workshop which will be both fun to participate in and will deepen people’s interpersonal skills and the resilience of the community. The focus is on creative ways to apply a Permaculture framework and appreciative principles to community life. Get ideas on how to support your community to develop deeper connections and to function more effectively.
We will cover:
- Patterns of Social Permaculture.
- Moving from conflict avoidance to embracing it in ways that strengthen relationships.
- Understanding and transforming power dynamics to inspire people to contribute their best.
- Using Appreciative Inquiry and Applied Meditation to solve problems, vision and create a positive was forward that inspires everyone.
- Ways to tap heart and spirit to deepen bonds.
PRESENTERS: Margo Adair & Bill Aal are co-directors of Tools for Change, have lived and or worked in a variety collectives. For over 25 years TfC has been offering training, facilitation and mediations to co-housing communities, collective households, community groups and nonprofits so that difference becomes a source of strength, and trust and accountability are the norm. The mission of Tools for Change is to bring history, heart, spirit, values and vision into the center of public life. (see www.toolsforchange.org ) Together they have co-taught, with Starhawk, principles of Social Permaculture at Earth Activist (permaculture) Trainings. Bill is a part of the newly formed Transition Town USA training working group.