Presented by Ron Pevny, Center for Conscious Eldering
This session will provide an opportunity to deepen our understanding of the possibilities and challenges of conscious aging through experiential exercises and personal sharing among participants. There will be a particular focus on exploring ways that co-housing can support the personal growth of its members while bringing the gifts of conscious elders to the larger community.
Learning Objectives: My goal is that, as a result of attending my presentation (and subsequent Breakout Session), attendees will:
1. See the importance of aiming high (rather than just drifting with little focus or intentionality) as they envision and live the later chapters of their one precious life.
2. Understand that the outcome of commitment to conscious aging can be the development of those qualities that throughout human history have defined those recognized and honored by their cultures as elders
3. See the critical importance of the role true elders can play in helping humanity deal with the crises we face as we move through these perilous times
4. Be inspired to commit to aging consciously, and to have tools to help them move along this path.
5. See ways that the community support offered by co-housing can further their growth toward personal wholeness
About the Presenter/s
Ron Pevny, M.A., has for forty years been dedicated to assisting people in negotiating life transitions as they create lives of purpose and passion. He is Founding Director of the Center for Conscious Eldering, based in Durango, Colorado. He is also a Certified Sage-ing® Leader and was the creator and administrator of the twelve-organization Conscious Aging Alliance. He is author of "Conscious Living, Conscious Aging: embrace and savor your next chapter," published in 2014 by Beyond Words/Atria Books. Ron has presented many week-long Choosing Conscious Elderhood retreats at Ghost Ranch and other retreat centers around North America over the past fifteen years, as well as numerous introductory weekend workshops.
Email: ron [at] centerforconsciouseldering [dot] com Phone: 970-247-7943
Kinde Nebeker, M.F.A, M.A.T.P | New Moon Rites of Passage
Kinde comes from a background of design and design education, transpersonal psychology and ecopsychology. She teaches workshops and courses as well as gives presentations on a variety of topics such as ecopsychology, evolutionary leadership, nature-based rites of passage, and integral theory — all related to the evolution of personal consciousness. Kinde mentors and supports people to be the most powerful change agents they can be through radical self-knowing and deep connection to nature. She is inspired to foster initiated, mature, self-aware adults in our culture, helping others to both ‘grow up’ psychologically and ‘wake up’ spiritually. www.newmoonritesofpasssage.com