Seven Springs Village* – Multigenerational Collaborative Living
Since the 1960s, Camp Seven Springs has brought joy, confidence and a sense of wonderment about the great outdoors to the Girl Scouts of the Piedmont. We are building a community that appreciates this mission. We will share it with our children and the surrounding communities. And we will continue to be good stewards of this amazing forest.
We are building a community where it is nearly an everyday occurrence to:
- Break bread with our neighbors,
- Help a friend carry in some groceries,
- Have a friend watch the kids while you go and get the groceries or run an errand,
- Sit on a patio and chat with our friends as the sun sets through the oak trees,
- Take a walk in the woods and enjoy the peaceful, abundant, verdant gift that we have at our fingertips.
Our vision includes:
- Individual homes in a walkable neighborhood with shared spaces such as a community kitchen and dining hall, reading rooms, recreational areas and art studios.
- Fishing, community gardening and an orchard.
- Safe places for children to play and run in a pristine natural environment.
- Energy-efficient, environment-friendly buildings and landscaping; Forest gardens and permaculture plans for 50 acres of community land.
How do we build a cohousing community? Unlike traditional development, cohousing communities start with the people, not the buildings. Right now we are looking for a few more committed households to add to our group in order to start the design process. The home designs will be determined by our community members, with several homes likely grouped together or abutted in energy efficient envelopes. Our homes may include small studios-like homes, 1-2 bedroom homes or live/work spaces, and larger family oriented townhomes.
Like other cohousing communities, Seven Springs Village will have a large centrally located community house, featuring a sizable community kitchen, a gathering area for common meals and events, extra guest bedrooms, studio/workshop space, play rooms, and other spaces deemed important by the members involved in the design process. We also hope to incorporate a garden, orchard, and maybe even some chickens and small animals. Residents will enjoy walks in acres of mature hardwoods, fishing and swimming in the two acre pond, and bountiful wildlife in the rural pastoral setting. We may even build a Sauna by the pond!
Do you want to be involved in the design process? Talk to us about membership option. Check us out on Instagram, Facebook, and Meetup by searching: sevenspringscoho. Visit our website: Seven Springs Village and email us at sevenspringscoho [at] gmail [dot] com.
Come help grow a close-knit, multigenerational, family-friendly village with us!
*Seven Springs is located in Farmington, NC. We’re only seven minutes from Bermuda Run and a short drive to Winston-Salem, Clemmons, Lewisville, Statesville, Mocksville, and Yadkinville. Greensboro is about 45 minutes away, and Charlotte is about an hour and a half. Close-by we have grocery stores, a hospital (and ER), several dining options (some locally owned businesses,) drug stores, the Twin City sports complex, banks, and other retail options.
To edit your listing, follow these instructions.