Village Hearth will be the first 55+ LGBTQ, friends, and allies cohousing community in the US.
Now under construction in progressive, culturally vibrant Durham, NC. on 15 beautiful acres. Move-in spring 2020. Join now to snag one of the last homes available.
In order to “Get it Right” we went to the experts. Katie McCamant of Cohousing Solutions, is our development consultant and Charles Durrett, McCamant and Durrett, Architects, shepherded us through the design process.
Our community is coming together in such an exciting way. We are building 28 single-story, accessible, cottage-style homes with big front porches and private backyards, plus extensive shared amenities. Even better, we are working together to plan both the physical and social attributes of our community. Getting to know the dynamic and interesting people who will be our neighbors is a joy.
To us, cohousing means…
- coming together with the intention of being good neighbors while living our best lives.
- purposely designing our surroundings to encourage social interaction and mutual support while providing ample privacy.
- collaborating to create a culture that values respect, creativity, and belonging.
- managing our community with an eye toward social, economic, and environmental sustainability.
- playing in place as we age!
Our Community includes…
- over 2600 sq ft Common House with a spacious terrace, gourmet kitchen, great room, exercise, media, sitting, arts & crafts rooms, and more.
- additional planned facilities include a woodworking shop, art studio, storage building, dog park, gardens, beehives, and more.
- 15 acres with ample space for gardens, walking trails, and quiet contemplation.
- a great group of people!
Margaret Roesch (phone) or Pat McAulay (email)