Village Hearth is the first 55+ LGBTQ, friends, and allies cohousing community in the US.
Construction is finished and we are moving in. It's so wonderful to be here; finally gathering our members from all over the country into one place. Personalizing our new homes is a lot of fun and we find inspiration from each other. Join now to snag one of the last homes available.
Guided by Katie McCamant through development with Charles Durrett as our architect, we built 28 single-story, accessible, cottage-style homes with inviting front porches and private backyards, plus extensive shared amenities. Now that we are living at Village Hearth we are finding joy in working and socializing together, even within the constraints of COVID-19.
In order to “Get it Right” we went to the experts. Katie McCamant of Cohousing Solutions, was our development consultant and Charles Durrett, McCamant and Durrett, Architects, shepherded us through the design process.
To us, cohousing means…
- being good neighbors while living our best lives.
- purposely designing our surroundings to encourage social interaction and mutual support while providing ample privacy.
- collaborating to create a culture that values respect, creativity, and belonging.
- managing our community with an eye toward social, economic, and environmental sustainability.
- playing in place as we age!
Our Community includes…
- an over 2600 sq ft Common House with a spacious terrace, gourmet kitchen, great room, exercise, media, sitting, arts & crafts rooms, and more.
- additional planned facilities include an art studio, storage building, dog park, gardens, beehives, and more. A large woodworking and maintenance shop is already in place.
- 15 acres with ample space for gardens, walking trails, and quiet contemplation.
- a great group of people!
Margaret Roesch (phone) or Pat McAulay (email)