Beautiful Three-Story Adobe Block Home in Tucson’s Ecologically Conscious Milagro Cohousing Community
This spacious 4 bedroom, 2 bath adobe block home is characterized by its beauty and functionality. Entering, one notices the attractive layout, including the scored, rose-concrete floor in the kitchen leading to the warm wooden floors in the dining area and living room. The twenty-foot cathedral ceiling with a clerestory window at its peak combined with the open floor plan contributes to a sense of airiness and grandeur. The living room ends in double French doors opening onto a rear deck overlooking the Camino de Oeste Wash to the sweeping mountain vistas of the Catalinas to the north, the Tortolitas to the northwest and the Tucson Mountains to the west.
The kitchen has been upgraded with attractive built-in custom Techline cabinetry units, and an island unit with surface workspace, enclosed rolling-shelf storage and electrical outlets. The window over the kitchen sink provides an unobstructed view of residents and visitors coming and going on the community pathway.
The rear bedroom, off the living room, has its own door to the rear deck and a large picture window providing access to the mountain views. This level contains a second bedroom, at the front of the house, with a picture window overlooking the large front yard and the community pathway.
This bedroom is currently configured as an office space with two high-quality Techline workstations on either side of the room. The workstations are relocatable if a conventional bedroom is preferred. One of the bathrooms is located in the hall between the bedrooms.
Moving to the upper level, one enters the loft area over-looking the living and dining spaces. This open space with very attractive wooden floors has been used as a library / sitting room with a futon providing an extra guest bed. It could alternately be used for an exercise area, for arts and crafts, or other similar purposes. This loft also provides access to one of the two attic storage areas on this level.
This upper level also has a bedroom with a vaulted ceiling, attractive wooden floors and a large picture window overlooking the front yard and the community pathway. The room also provides access to a sizeable walk-in attic storage area. The room has been used as a meditation and reading room.
Moving down through the main floor to the lower level, one enters a large family room with scored rose-concrete flooring. The room has double French doors opening into the fenced back-yard with vistas of the surrounding mountains and access to the walking trails in the Camino de Oeste Wash - a riparian area abundant with desert flora and fauna. This large room has been used as a family entertainment center, a project room and a photography studio. The floor also contains the fourth bedroom with a connecting bathroom, a large picture window, a large walk-in closet, and a private door to the rear porch and backyard. Also, the washer and dryer are located on this level in a convenient closet / storage space that also accommodates laundry and cleaning supplies.
Additional significant features include:
• Gorgeous sunsets, with mountain views in three directions.
• Major appliances replaced in 2019 – clothes washer & dryer, dish washer and water heater.
• The home comes with two side-by-side private covered carports, each with a walk-in lockable storage unit.
• Overhead fans – one each in the bedrooms and loft space and two each in the living room and family room, for a total of nine, providing cost-effective air flow throughout the house.
• The house has two thermostatically controlled heating and cooling (hvac) units – one for the two upper floors and one for the lower level.
• Includes a built-in fire sprinkler system and smoke alarms throughout
• The interior doors, for the bedrooms and baths, are upgraded solid wood.
• All the exterior doors leading into the house, both front and rear, have lockable and ornate hand-wrought iron screen doors that allow refreshing breezes through the house.
• The backyard has a three tiered, artfully curved, cement block bench for seating, potted plants and other garden accessories.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. I am happy to share more about our community and my home with you.
Sara Kuropatkin 520.906.0643 firstname.lastname@example.org
And, please check out Milagro at: www.milagrocohousing.org and www.facebook.com/Milagrocohousing