LOCATION: Shepherd Village is a cohousing community of 30 privately-owned homes in duplex and triplex models. The common property includes 7+ acres of partially wooded conservation land with walking trails, a 4,000-sq.-foot Common House. a community garden area with garden center/greenhouse and firepit, a fully equipped woodworking shop and other facilities, including dog run, chicken coop, garages and carports.
Renters have access to the common features of the community and are invited to serve with Members in collectively caring for our community.
Shepherd Village is in Shepherdstown, WV, a charming and historic university town, one hour west of Dulles International Airport. Shepherd Village is a short walk to downtown shops, restaurants, and the Shepherd University campus. A MARC train depot six miles away offers daily commuter service into Washington, D.C.
36 SHEPHERD VILLAGE CIRCLE is a beautiful 1,927 square-foot, 2 1⁄2 -year-old home that features an open-plan light-filled “great room” with kitchen, dining room, living room, 2 bedrooms and 2 baths on the main level, with spacious closets. The cathedral ceiling opens to a spacious loft, which features a sitting room, full bath, and double glass doors opening to a third bedroom or office. The kitchen features maple cabinets, stone counter tops, and a roomy peninsula with pendant lights. The great room opens to a roomy screened porch, which opens to a small fenced yard, perfect for a dog, or garden.
• Universal design standards, with no steps to impede access at the main entry or on the main level, main bath is wheelchair accessible with roll-in shower and full grab bars.
• Quiet, energy-efficient Mitsubishi mini-split heating and cooling units.
• Energy Recovery Ventilation system.
• Keypad lock on front door.
• Windows shades throughout are honeycomb-style, opening from both top and bottom.