We’ve broken ground! Our projected move in date is November 2022, but now is the time to join us and raise your family on the banks of the beautiful Willamette River in Eugene, Oregon. River Song Cohousing is building 28 units of various sizes arranged around a common house and gardens, with a children's play area and space for chickens and beehives. We still have units available, including 4-bed/3-bath units perfect for larger, extended or alternative families. Families with children under 12 who join before December 15 may be eligible for valuable membership incentives!
River Song members come from all walks of life--artists, professors, craftsmen and women, beekeepers, writers, environmentalists, teachers, parents and grandparents, medical professionals and more, each bringing our talents and strengths. What will you bring? Let’s reinvent the way we live, creating a supportive, sustainable community in an active, diverse part of Eugene. A temperate climate, friendly people, and the Pacific Northwest’s famous beauty makes this area a wonderful place to live. Cohousing in Eugene makes it ideal!
We are 10 minutes by car from downtown Eugene and 15 to U of Oregon. Follow the family-friendly bike path along the river to farmer's markets, parks and shops.
Eugene and surrounding areas offer many ways for your family to engage with the world:
• Parks and playgrounds, children’s sports and activities for all ages
• Integrated parks and bike pathways make it easy to get around; scenic rivers and buttes are perfect for many types of outdoor recreation
• Music, theater, sports, museums, and family-friendly festivals
• The Oregon coast only an hour away
• A passionate citizenry actively working for improvement at the local, regional, national, and global levels
• University of Oregon & community and private colleges provide entertainment and opportunities to learn and grow
• A robust economy with many employment opportunities. The University of Oregon employs staff and faculty, as do Pacific University/Eugene Campus, Northwest Christian University, and Lane Community College/Downtown Campus. Health care and retail trades are also healthy areas of the economy. Eugene and adjoining city of Springfield are known as the “Silicon Shire” with a vibrant and growing technology community. The Willamette Valley wine industry is a growing sector, while government and tourism also make strong contributions.
• Award-winning local wineries & breweries both in town & the nearby countryside
The only thing missing from River Song is Your Family! Join us in building our sustainable, supportive, earth-friendly neighborhood. Call, write or visit our website now for more information about River Song Cohousing:
www.riversongcohousing.org // 541-357-8303 // firstname.lastname@example.org// Look for us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram