Peaceful Oasis in Caring Community: Fair Oaks EcoHousing, CA
This charming 2BR/1BA upstairs flat in Fair Oaks EcoHousing, a multi-generational cohousing community just east of Sacramento, looks out into the canopies of two beautiful Live Oak trees, which provide summer shade, privacy, and year-round glimpses of birds and squirrels.
• The well-designed open floor plan, efficient storage, glass exterior doors and large windows make it light, airy, and spacious.
• The kitchen door leads to a deck overlooking the community, connecting you with neighbors going by—a perfect place for a cup of tea, a visit with friends, and a view of the colorful buildings.
• The kitchen has stainless steel appliances, quartz counters, and light maple soft-close cabinets.
• Custom upgrades include bamboo floors and Hunter-Douglas shades.
• Extra deep closets and built-in shelves extend storage twice as far, and the hall closet is plumbed for washer and dryer (although there is the free laundry in the Common House).
• Excellent sound insulation adds to the sense of peace.
• Benefits of an upstairs flat include good exercise and no landscape maintenance costs; community members provide support if you are ill or injured, so no need to worry about stairs!
• The flat is 937sf. The centrally-located Common House supplements your living space, with kitchen and dining room, lounge, children’s playroom, craft room, free laundry, two guest rooms, patio and grill.
• Additional amenities include pool and spa, workshop, electric charging stations, community garden, small orchard, and a Little Library!
Completed in 2020, this two-bedroom flat is built to support California’s climate and clean energy goals, with eco-friendly construction, sustainable building materials, and energy star appliances:
• passive heating/cooling
• double-pane low e2 windows
• high efficiency water heater
• mini-split heating/cooling system
• deep framing, allowing better insulated walls, keeping you cool in summer, warm in winter, and your energy bills low
Fair Oaks EcoHousing is an inclusive, earth-friendly neighborhood of thirty homes that fosters supportive relationships for all ages, cooperation, and fun! Meal sharing, informal gatherings, celebrations, gardening, dog-walking, storytelling, ukulele-playing, line dancing, Qigong and Tai Chi, brainstorming, and participating in community life: these are just a few activities here.
Fair Oaks EcoHousing is within walking distance of Fair Oaks Village, Bannister Park, Sacramento Waldorf School, and the beautiful American River Parkway, with its river access, bike path, and trails for outdoor activities. Grocery stores, farmers market, great restaurants, theaters, music, colleges, schools, post office and library are all nearby. Fair Oaks is in an excellent location in California: part of the bustling Sacramento Metropolitan area, home of the State Capitol, and centered in the state. Travel just two hours west to reach the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco, and two hours east to visit the Sierra Nevada mountain range and Lake Tahoe.
To read more about Fair Oaks EcoHousing and to sign up for the newsletter, go to: https://www.fairoaksecohousing.org
For more photos and information on the property, go to:
Contact: Britt Wiseman, Coldwell Banker, CalRE#: 01414550
Phone: (916) 420-0702 mobile
(916) 972-0212 direct
Britt Wiseman, Coldwell Banker, CalRE#: 01414550