Crozet, VA 22932
Crozet, Virginia 22932
- Move in year :
- Number of units :
- Land size:
- 6-10 acres
- Developed acreage :
- 5-6 acres
Emerson Commons is a new intergenerational cohousing community based in Crozet, VA, a small town near Charlottesville. The first homebuyers moved in at the beginning of 2019. As of June 2019, there are 14 houses on the ground with 12 more to be completed by Spring 2020.
Other Community Features:
– 26 private homes surrounding a central green
– community playground and car-free central area where kids can run free. Creeks on property.
– large swimming pool with stone terrace
– orchard, shared organic gardens and edible landscaping
– 1890 farmhouse renovated as a common house
– historic 1840s log cabin with fireplace
– in charming town of Crozet
– walkable to stores and restaurants
– 19 minute commute to Charlottesville
– 15 min to Shenandoah National Park and Appalachian trail. See www.emersoncommons.org .
Emerson Commons is well balanced intergenerationally. There are many families with children as well as folks who are retired or retiring and in between. See bios of neighbors at http://www.emersoncommons.org/member-bios.html .
Emerson Commons will be the first all-solar community in Virginia, with each home having solar panels. Rooftop terraces and decks provide views of the creek below for some homes and mountain views for others. The houses features 9’+ ceilings throughout and plentiful and large casement windows. The expected finish dates of remaining homes are August 2019 – March 2020.
Crozet is located near the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Surrounded by natural beauty, it is home to three parks, four lakes and an extensive network of hiking trails. Emerson Commons is just one mile from downtown Crozet. Crozet includes new urbanist neighborhoods and new infrastructure like a beautiful new library. Forthcoming plans include a pedestrian town center with shops and restaurants. Emerson Commons is in the Albemarle County school district with nearby, top-notch public schools.
- Common House
- Guest Rooms
- Community Garden
- Swimming Pool
- Some units accessible
Welcomes Visitors (fee may apply)
- Common Meals
- Scheduled Tours
- Individual Tours
- Work Days
- 1-2 meals per week
- Optional participation