Heartwood Commons – Tulsa
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74136
- Move in year :
- Number of units :
- Land size:
- 2-5 acres
- Developed acreage :
- 2-4 acres
More than 50% pre-sold!
Ground breaking planned for spring 2020!
Get involved now while homes are still available!
Why consider Heartwood Commons in Tulsa, Oklahoma?
• A vibrant, progressive 55+ cohousing community in one of our country’s most livable cities.
• A small town feel with all the amenities of a larger city.
• Affordable. Prices begin at $258,000. Low cost of living.
• Get involved now to be part of creating the culture of the community and to secure your home selection.
Who we are . . .
We are a group of friendly, engaged and proactive adults who are creating Tulsa’s first cohousing community. We are a welcoming community whose members acknowledge and celebrate our connection to one another and nature in a caring, compassionate, respectful and sustainable environment. We value connection and sustainability, acceptance and diversity, health and wellness, and fun and support.
Some of us are single, some married, some working, some retired. We have no common political or religious orientation, only a shared desire to live in a neighborhood that fosters an active and supportive community life.
Heartwood Commons will feature 36 right-sized, energy efficient private homes in a safe and secure pocket neighborhood at 7141 S Quincy Ave in Tulsa, Oklahoma with a common house and many desirable shared amenities and features – all designed to promote a healthy lifestyle, accessibility, and social connections for successful aging in place. We are a block from the riverfront, and close to parks, walking and hiking trails, shopping and health care.
Now’s a great time to join Heartwood Commons while there’s still time to have input into creating the culture of our community. We are on track to break ground spring of 2020 and move in fall 2021.
Heartwood Commons is one of the most affordable cohousing communities in the country with home prices starting at $258,000.
We have THE BEST profession team:
Katie McCament of Cohousing Solutions. Katie is the co-founder of cohousing in the US and has successful developed more than 60 cohousing communities.
Architects, Molly Jones of Jones Design Studio in Tulsa and Bryan Bowen of Caddis Collaborative in Boulder, Colorado. Molly’s expertise is in sustainable design. She’s been a part of our group for more than 2 years. She knows us well and she has great connections. Bryan has designed more than 15 cohousing communities and has lived in Wild Sage cohousing for 14 years.
Our Private Homes:
• Four floor plans to choose from – 750 to 1,500 sq. ft.
• Single story, accessible, open floor plan
• Modern kitchen
• Quality finishes, fixtures and appliances
• Energy efficient, green design using Geothermal energy
• Large porches for outdoor living
• Abundant light and storage
• Hardened bathroom in each home for storm protection
Our Common House (2,800 sq. ft.):
• Vaulted ceilings – large windows
• Large porch overlooking community green
• Gourmet, cooking kitchen
• Grand room for dining and activities featuring a grand piano
• Living room with a fireplace
• Large art studio/craft room
• 2 guest rooms
• Secure mail/package delivery area
Our Community Amenities:
• Community gardens, greenhouse and Monarch way station
• Workshop and tool lending library
• Dog park
• Contemplative space (yoga/meditation/massage)
• Hot tub and fire pit
• Walking paths
• Garages/carports available for purchase
Why consider Tulsa, Oklahoma?
Tulsa named one of our country-s most livable cities, is a livable, is a progressive city located in the northwest corner of Oklahoma in the heart of “Green Country” where we enjoy 4 distinct seasons, great gardening and year-round outdoor activities. Our community of nearly 5 acres is situated 1 block from the Arkansas River Parks walking/biking trails and close to many amenities such as the Gathering Place (recently named USA Today’s most popular attraction), Turkey Mountain Wildlife Preserve, Jenks Aquarium, the downtown Art Deco and Arts District, and a revitalized section of Historic Route 66. Tulsa retains a friendly small town atmosphere while boasting world class art museums and full-time professional opera and ballet companies; a diverse, award winning music scene (Cain’s Ballroom, Woody Guthrie Center, Jazz Hall of Fame, BOK Center); and four university campuses all in the middle of Indian Country. Tulsans are known for their friendliness and a culture of philanthropy. A hot-bed for entrepreneurship attracting young professionals from across the country helps keep Tulsa an exciting, relevant, and engaging place to live.
For more information:
• Call community member Suzy Sharp at 918-519-5298 or email email@example.com
• Check out our website at www.heartwoodcommonstulsa.com
• Follow us on Facebook at Heartwood Commons – Tulsa
- Common House
- Guest Rooms
- Community Garden
- All units fully accessible
Welcomes Visitors (fee may apply)
- Scheduled Tours
- Individual Tours
- 1-2 meals per week
- Suzy Sharp