Madison, Wisconsin 53704
- Move in year :
- Number of units :
- Land size:
- <2 acres
- Developed acreage :
Linden Cohousing is an intergenerational intentional community consisting of 45 one-to-three bedroom units in an urban neighborhood on the vibrant east side of Madison, Wisconsin. We welcome people of all racial, and economic backgrounds, all cognitive and physical abilities, and any sexual orientation. We are dedicated to creating a diverse, caring community through sharing material resources, common meals, celebrating our life events, and working and playing together. We care for the earth by promoting sustainable living practices. We hope to nurture connection and collaboration with our neighborhood and broader community.
● 45 residential units.
● Mix of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units.
● Affordability protections for 25% of the units:
○ 11 designated for buyers at or below 80% of area median income (AMI),
○ Remaining 34 units will be unrestricted market-rate units.
● Common areas, including a large multipurpose room, common kitchen,library/sitting area, kids playroom, workshop, and shared laundry facilities.
● Nine commercial condominium units, to be used exclusively as artist studios.
● Rear courtyard area for recreation and socializing.
- Common House
- Guest Rooms
- Community Garden
- All units visitable
Welcomes Visitors (fee may apply)
- Common Meals
- Guest Rooms
- Individual Tours
- Work Days
- Modified Consensus
- 1-2 meals per week
- Optional participation