River Song Cohousing
Eugene, Oregon 97404
- Move in year :
- Number of units :
- Land size:
- 2-5 acres
- Developed acreage :
Land/ Design / Land Use Approvals YES, YES, YES!!!
Check out our new video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe3M6TOIn8Y0Qmm6_9jYkhQ
Now all we need is YOU! Join now as we prepare to build our homes, and let’s create the community we’ve all been longing for!
Reinventing the way we live for a simpler and more supportive, sustainable lifestyle, River Song Cohousing will be one of the first cohousing communities in Eugene, Oregon. Eugene’s temperate climate and friendly people, along with its Pacific Northwest beauty make it a wonderful place to live. Cohousing in Eugene makes it ideal!
River Song Cohousing (RSC) will have 28 units in seven buildings, surrounding a 3,500 square foot Common House. There are 2, 3, & 4 bedroom units including single-story flats and 2-story townhouses. Located on 2.2 acres of land along the Willamette River adjoining protected city-owned land, including over 20 miles of contiguous walking/bike paths, RSC is 10 minutes from downtown Eugene by bike or car and another 5 minutes to the University of Oregon. Imagine walking out your front door, hopping on your bike to ride downtown to see local musicians or artists and craftspeople at the Saturday Market, and purchase plants or veggies at the Farmer’s Market. You’ll ride along the Willamette River, passing others out walking, biking, or floating the river. It’s a spectacular location!
The design process was led by Katie McCamant & Chuck Durrett, national cohousing consultants, and Katie continues to consult us as we move into the building phase. Our builders, Essex Construction, are well-respected local builders. We have a team of experts providing leadership in to the construction phase, including UD &P as our development partner.
We have worked hard to get to this phase (for nine years now) and we’re excited to have units to offer for reservation!
RSC members include individuals and families from a variety of backgrounds and professions, committed to working collaboratively and creatively to build a neighborhood of independent households that find a sense of purpose and belonging through working, learning, and playing together in a community designed by its residents to support this endeavor. In our work together, we have done workshops for facilitation, consensus decision-making, and NVC (nonviolent communication). We value learning together as a part of what makes a group work well together.
Now it’s time to come together to build the foundation of our community – connecting, playing, and sharing the experience of creating community: getting to know each other more, crafting our agreements, and making decisions together. We are a friendly, welcoming, and supportive group of people, looking for more like-minded community-oriented folks, ready to work on the CO part of cohousing, while our homes are being built.
Eugene’s ideal location offers:
• A lovely natural environment that integrates parks and pathways, rivers and buttes into the city landscape beautifully, to admire or enjoy for water recreation
• Entertainment to suit both adults & children – music, theater, sports, family-friendly festivals
• University of Oregon & community and private colleges
• Biking & hiking along gorgeous mountain, lake, and river trails – in town or within an hour’s travel
• Exploration of the Oregon coast an hour away
• Fantastic farmers markets with a bounty of local organic produce; as well as a food mecca for locally manufactured organic products
• Sampling award winning wines & handcrafted brews at many local wineries & breweries, in town & the nearby countryside
• A passionate citizenry, very active in working for improvements of all kinds at local, regional, national, and global levels
Call or visit our website now for more information about River Song Cohousing. We look forward to hearing from you!
www.riversongcohousing.org // 541-357-8303
- Common House
- Guest Rooms
- Community Garden
- Some units accessible
Welcomes Visitors (fee may apply)
- Scheduled Tours
- Individual Tours
- Modified Consensus
- 541 357-8303