Land/ Design / Land Use Approvals YES, YES, YES!!!
Check out our video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB-iJAXiuhY
Join us as we reinvent the way we live, creating a simpler and more supportive, sustainable community. River Song Cohousing is the first cohousing community in Eugene. A temperate climate, friendly people, and the Pacific Northwest’s famous beauty makes this a wonderful place to live. Cohousing in Eugene makes it ideal!
River Song Cohousing (RSC) is located on 2.2 acres of land along the Willamette River, 10 minutes from downtown Eugene by bike or car, and 15 minutes to the University of Oregon. This land adjoins over 20 miles of city-owned contiguous walk/bike paths. Under construction (!) are 28 units comprised of single-story flats and 2-story townhouses in 2, 3, & 4 bedroom styles across seven buildings, centered on a 3,500 square foot Common House and garden area. Imagine riding your bike from your front door to downtown, where local musicians, artists and craftspeople at the Saturday Market and plants, flowers and fresh vegetables at the Farmer’s Market make shopping a pleasure. Even better, your ride takes you along the Willamette River, where you can pause to float, kayak or fish. It’s a spectacular location that we intend to cherish and steward so that it remains a healthy, vibrant environment.
Our local builders, Essex Construction, bring a strong commitment to environmental sustainability and social equity. UD &P, as our development partner, is known for having raised the bar in green building practices and community-focused investing. As an additional note, while none of our units are accessible, all are suitable for retrofitting (for example, the staircases to second floor units are designed to handle the installation of chairlifts). We’ve also designed the roofs to accommodate solar panels in the future.
Our community includes individuals and families from a variety of backgrounds and professions, all committed to working collaboratively and creatively. Our aim is to build a neighborhood of independent households that find a sense of purpose and belonging through working, learning, and playing together. We value facilitation, consensus decision-making, and NVC (nonviolent communication).
Now is the perfect time to join us and share our experience of creating community: in getting to know each better, crafting agreements, and making decisions, we are building the foundation of our community. We welcome and support new like-minded community-oriented folks who are ready to work on the CO part of cohousing as we build.
The city of Eugene offers a near ideal location:
• Integrated parks and pathways, scenic rivers and buttes perfect for all types of outdoor recreation
• Music, theater, sports, and family-friendly festivals
• University of Oregon & community, private colleges
• The Oregon coast only an hour away
• Award-winning local wineries & breweries both in town & the nearby countryside
• A passionate citizenry actively working for improvement at the local, regional, national, and global levels
• Parks and playgrounds, children’s sports and activities for all ages.
• A robust economy with many employment opportunities. The University of Oregon employs staff and faculty, as do Pacific University/Eugene Campus, Northwest Christian University, and Lane Community College/Downtown Campus. Health care and retail trades are also strongly represented. Eugene and adjoining Springfield are known as the “Silicon Shire” with a vibrant and growing technology community. The Willamette Valley wine industry has been called “a wine industry trailblazer,” while government and tourism also make strong contributions.
The only thing missing at River Song is You. Join us in building our sustainable, supportive, earth-friendly neighborhood. Here’s how:
Call or visit our website now for more information about River Song Cohousing:
www.riversongcohousing.org // 541-357-8303
Look for us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Common House
- Guest Rooms
- Community Garden
Welcomes Visitors (fee may apply)
- Scheduled Tours
- Individual Tours
- Modified Consensus
- 1-3 meals per month
- Optional participation
- 541 357-8303