Unique wheelchair accessible condo for sale in the Arboretum Cohousing community in Madison, Wisconsin! Located in the vibrant Vilas neighborhood just a few blocks from the Arboretum, Lake Wingra, and a short drive or walk to UW campus and the Capitol square. 1,157 square foot 3-bed, 1-bath corner unit with private entrance, open floor plan in living areas, bamboo floors, stainless steel appliances, deeded underground parking, and energy efficient design. This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants accessible housing and who is interested in living in an inclusive, active, sharing community.
• Condo fee of $304 includes: heat, hot water, water softening, water and sewer
• Bamboo floors, solid oak cabinetry, doors and trim
• Zone air-conditioning and ceiling fans
• In-floor radiant heating throughout
• In-unit laundry
• Additional storage room
• Building elevator to all levels
• Outdoor patio with ground-level access to the sidewalk and street
• Common areas include: great room/dining hall; an industrial-sized kitchen; child play rooms; library/music room; exercise room; meeting rooms, and two hotel-like guest rooms; gardens and large outdoor area and gardens.
Accessibility Features. This apartment was designed for wheelchair accessibility.
• Two exit doors equipped with power door openers
• 4½ ft wide hallway; 3 ft door openings and pocket doors; lever door handles
• Door to master bedroom is set at a 45° angle to the hallway
• Large ceramic tiled roll-in shower and accessible sink
• Easy to operate level handles on all fixtures
• Ceiling-mounted lift and track from master bedroom the bathroom
• Handicapped parking space in the garage
• Modular kitchen cabinets for easy alteration
We very much hope to find a buyer who can take advantage of the accessible features of the apartment. The space will be available after June 30th. We are asking $369,000 for the unit.
sunriseglass [at] tds [dot] net