Problems with the 2015 National Conference
Here’s my take on what went “wrong” at the conference:
1. Overall length of conference — waaay too short.
2. Length of individual presentation times — too short. Sessions went over as attendees continued asking questions I wanted answers to.
3. Food — Gained 1 lb.
4. Too many competing GREAT sessions. Very very frustrating.
5. Too many new people I didn’t get to meet.
6. Too exciting — not enough down time.
7. Physically demanding — hands, shoulders and fore arms hurt from too many handshakes, hugs and well wishes. Please provide massages.
8. As a wheelchair rider, too many people competing to make sure I was well taken care of. Now I owe too many thank you’s …
9. Keynote speaker — another knowledgeable professional with a sense of humor …
10. Central Durham Cohousing — another well designed urban community with dramatic roof top views. So disturbing …
11. Central Durham Cohousing community members — shameful, shameful I tell you, to make all those good, generous people host 449 wildly happy people just 10 months after moving in … and smile doing it …
12. And Alice … really, Alice? How can I — a mere mortal — now EVER hope to get out of therapy?
Please take my evaluation points seriously and plan another conference. You can make improvements …
Takoma Village Cohousing
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
Category: Past Events