Looking to live in a truly diverse community in one of Portland’s most vibrant and beautiful neighborhoods? Join us at Our Home – Cathedral Park currently forming in Portland, Oregon.
Learn more and join our mailing list at ourhomecathedralpark.com.
Our new community will reside on a ½ acre of urban hillside property in the heart of Portland’s Cathedral Park neighborhood, near the base of the iconic St. Johns Bridge. Our incredible location is just minutes from downtown, convenient to public transportation, a short hike to Forest Park, and comfortably walkable to many restaurants, bars, shops, and the beautiful Cathedral Park.
We’ve designed our units and common spaces utilizing a universal-design approach, and our elevator-accessible building will be an ideal location for everyone from families pushing strollers, to people of all ages with mobility challenges, to elders looking for a home where they can age in place. Our community is championing a groundbreaking approach to building community by combining innovative design and thoughtful management and we are hosting a variety of home ownership opportunities for individuals and families of diverse abilities, ages, and income levels.
We currently have several committed families, and are adding new Explorer Members every week.
Some more details:
* Estimated completion: late 2022 / early 2023
* Our developer is UD+P, one of the nation’s only professional cohousing developers
* We have secured a substantial amount of our pre-development funding and have employed a unique financial and development management structure that folds non-profit support and for-profit development into a strong development team.
* All accessible, universally-designed condo homes (no stairs!)
* 28 units with full kitchens, living spaces and laundry hook-ups
* Studio, 1, 2, and 3-bedroom units
* 1 ADA unit (in addition to universally designed units)
* Shared common dining and gathering space, kitchen, bike parking, dog washing station, laundry, a variety of interior and exterior community gathering areas
* Large, shared, landscaped courtyard and community deck
* Several private sidewalk patios
* Covered parking for 15
* Conventional ownership of individual units
* Several subsidized units for income qualifying individuals
* Incredible views of Forest Park and the St Johns Bridge
* Access to shopping, amenities, and entertainment
* Close to public transportation
* Right next door to a large community garden
* A strong, supportive, and fun community of neighbors!