Virtual Assistant/Operations Manager
CohoUS is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting both forming and existing cohousing communities – building a better world, one neighborhood at a time. CohoUS fosters a more cooperative society by supporting cohousing communities and educating the public about the benefits of cohousing.
CohoUS holds diversity, equity and inclusion among our core values. We seek to build a more cooperative society that is sustainable, inclusive, democratic and connected. We are seeking team members whose individual values and experiences align with our organizational values.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, highly sophisticated administrative professional to join our team. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the virtual assistant/operations manager will support administrative functions of CohoUS and will work closely with the National Program Director on programs and initiatives. This is a contract position for a maximum of 10 hours per week, paid as a retainer at a rate of $1000/month. Additional hours may be agreed upon for projects as needed and billed at a rate of $25/hour. This is a fully remote position with flexible hours. Attending weekly supervision and monthly staff meetings will be required.
Position will begin on January 1, 2023 with some paid training in late December 2022 ($25/hour). Priority consideration will be given to applications received by December 7.
- Experience as virtual assistant or other administrative role for business or nonprofit
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Experience using systems and technology to support the operations of businesses and/or nonprofits
- Experience with constant contact, social media, google drive, excel, CRM, and/or similar programs
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Alignment with our stated values of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Have consistent access to internet and video conferencing, majority of availability should be within regular business hours (9am – 5pm MT, Monday – Friday)
- Experience or familiarity with cohousing or other intentional communities
- Basic graphic design skills using Adobe Creative Cloud Express or similar software
- Experience using wordpress
- Experience with CRM and database management
- Nonprofit experience
- Manage general inquiries via email, facebook and relevant listserv posts
- Manage classified ad placement and follow-up for renewals
- Manage donor records, send thank you emails and manage end of year tax receipts
- Manage CRM data including migration from existing sources and integration between CRM and outreach platforms such as constant contact
- Monitor directory and ensure accurate and updated information, process renewals, answer questions and make updates
- Update marketing email templates and send based on annual marketing calendar
- Create/publish/archive monthly eNews
- Post events and other articles across platforms
- Support virtual events by creating and managing registration process, fielding inquiries, and providing technical support
- Make recommendations for new/revised administrative systems and support staff utilization
- Support other projects as needed (significant projects will be contracted separately), including but not limited to:
- Generate basic images for marketing using Adobe Creative Cloud Express or other graphic design program
- Make basic website updates using wordpress
- Basic video editing of zoom recordings
In order to apply, please complete the application linked below, and upload a resume with your application. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by December 7.
Please direct any questions to Trish Becker, Executive Director at email@example.com