2022 Madison National Cohousing Conference Volunteer Opportunities
Thanks for your interest in volunteering at the August 2022 Madison Cohousing Conference!
While the formal volunteer slots that qualified for registration discounts have all been filled, we’d still love to have your help. There will undoubtedly be last-minute, less-structured “drop-in” volunteer opportunities. Please be aware that these will earn you our gratitude, but not a conference discount.
To be added to the list of drop-in volunteers, please fill out the form here.
Reach out to us here if you have questions or concerns
Your conference volunteer team:
Pat Lambert, Susan Coffin, and Chucho Alvarado
- We anticipate that the schedule for volunteer sign-up will be available in May/June 2022
- The first step is to fill out the form and indicate which roles you are most interested in
- Volunteers commit to 10 hours (more is optional) of conference support including one pre-conference zoom meeting.
- Volunteers receive a discount on registration so that the cost to attend the conference is $125 (which covers food costs etc.)
- Volunteers have a unique opportunity to meet attendees at the conference to expand your relationships with others committed to living in “community”
What Roles Do Volunteers Fill:
- Pre-conference (weeks/days prior) opportunities include:
- Contacting local media for event notices
- Posting flyers/posters around town
- Picking up people and supplies
- Registration table activities
- Greeters in lobby
- Room monitors for each session (introduction or speakers, timekeeper, AV liaison)
- Exhibit Hall monitors
- Reception greeters
- Guides for directing attendees to locations for meals, community tours, book-signings
- Volunteers’ Room support
- Photographers of events
Thanks to our Conference Sponsors!